Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Live, Laugh, Love, Inspire, Serve

If I had to explain my vision, my mission statement, my passion in a very small handful of words I would simply say "Live, Laugh, Love, Inspire, Serve".  More than just five words; these are attitudes, values, principles and the core of my beliefs.
Quite awhile ago a new show hit the air.   The theme song was different than all the others in a long series of shows known as Star Trek.   I've always liked the song.   To me it is a very powerful song. Today, I will start living this song.   Here are the words:
It's been a long road
Getting from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
And I will see my dream come alive at last,
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No, they're not gonna change my mind
Cause I got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I got faith to believe
I can do anything
I got strength of the soul
And no one's gonna bend or break me
I can reach any star
I got faith
Faith of the heart...
I already understand that this journal entry probably won't make sense to a lot of you who read this.  What is important is it makes a deep and profound sense to me. And that is my main audience right now. I am 52 years old and it is time I take what was given me and start making a profound impact on those I meet and those I never would have met if I stay the current course of my life.
Helm.   Plot a new course,  warp 10.  Engage!

No comments:

Post a Comment